Earning and maintaining the trust and expectations of our customers through company-wide sales activities providing felts and nonwovens that are unique in terms of their variety, quality and function.
We are a manufacturer of felts and nonwovens.
Founded in 1917, we have been manufacturing our products in Himeji, in Hyogo Prefecture, for over 100 years.
We are providing our products and services all over the world.
What are Felts and Nonwovens?
Felts and nonwovens are made by compressing animal hair such as sheep or chemical fibers and entangling them into a sheet.
We classify those made from animal hair as felts and those made from chemical fibers such as polyester as nonwovens.
AMBIC’s Products are Used in a Variety of Situations
Gas filters for garbage incinerators
Parts of wind instruments
Materials used for tunnel constructions
Collar Liner of Suit
Spacers of gaps between automobile interior parts
Hammer felt for piano
Spacers of gaps between home appliance parts
Materials for handicrafts and stationery
AMBIC Through Data
Annual usage of wool
850 tons of wool per year, or about 600,000 sweaters
Annual production of HIMELON
Equivalent to the distance between Himeji and Nagasaki
The current President is the0th.
The third President, Kenichi Fujioka, was the father of Mr. Takuya Fujioka, an actor known for his work on “Wataru Seken wa Oni Bakari” and the TV commercial appearance of “Sapporo Ichiban” noodles.
Annual production of hammer felt
We inherited the manufacturing method from Royal George, a British manufacturer with a history of over 100 years. Our wool felt is used for over half of the world’s pianos. (2019 data)
AMBIC was founded in the same year as J.F. Kennedy was born during the First World War.
Japanese companies that have a history of over 100 years
There are about 33,000 so-called “Century-old Companies” in Japan according to a 2019 survey by Teikoku Databank.
- December 1917
- Founded as Nippon Felt Botai K.K.(capitalized at \300,000)
- February 1934
- Company name changed to Japan Felt Industrial Co., Ltd.
- June/July 1945
- The bulk of our main factory was bombed down during World War Ⅱ and reconstructed later.
- March 1952
- Felt for interlining of men’s suit developed and launched for the first time in Japan.
- April 1955
- Felt for clothing and handicrafts launched. That expanded the domestic use of felt and developed an entry into the clothing and handicraft industry.
- August 1959
- Chemical-bonded nonwovens HIMELON™ launched.
- February 1963
- Licensed as a JIS factory for industrial wool roll felt.
- November 1963
- Needle-punched felt filter bag “FELLON™” developed for the first time in Japan.
- September 1968
- Felt for copiers launched for the first time in Japan.
- October 1971
- FELTACE™ (collar liner) launched.
- September 1978
- Nonwovens for compress launched.
- April 1982
- Nippon Felt Kako K.K. established.
- April 1986
- Thermal-bonded nonwovens HIMELON HM launched.
- August 1996
- Started outsourced processing in China for some products.
- December 1999
- Entered into business alliance with HVAF.
- April 2000
- Company name changed to AMBIC Co., Ltd.
- April 2000
- Obtained ISO9002 certification. (Renewed as ISO9001 later.)
- April 2001
- High-performance filter bags using spunlace nonwovens launched.
- June 2001
- Company name of Nippon Felt Kako K.K. changed to Japan Felt Industrial Co., Ltd.
- November 2001
- Obtained ISO14001 certification.
- August 2002
- Became an affiliate of Nippon Keori Kaisha, Ltd.
- October 2002
- China-based affiliate “Jiangyin Ambic Felts & Nonwovens Ltd.” established.
- September 2008
- Hong Kong-based affiliate “AMBIC (HONGKONG) CO., LTD.” established.
- August 2012
- Shanghai-based affiliate “AMBIC (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd” established.
- December 2017
- Celebrated our 100th year in business.
- February 2019
- Hong Kong-based affiliate “AMBIC (HONGKONG) CO., LTD.” closed.