The Management Philosophy of Ambic
To earn and maintain the trust and high expectations of our customers through company-wide sales activities providing felt and nonwovens that are unique in terms of their variety, quality and function.
Ambic is This Kind of Company
We are a manufacturer of felt and nonwovens.
Founded in 1917, we have been manufacturing our products in Himeji, in Hyogo Prefecture, for over 100 years.
Today, we are sending our products and services all over the world, from Himeji.
What are Felt and nonwovens?
Felt and nonwovens are made by compressing chemical fibers or animal hair such as sheep. And entangling them into a sheet.
At Ambic, products made from animal hair are classified as felt, while those made from chemical fibers such as polyester are classified as nonwovens.
Ambic’s Products are Used in a Variety of Situations
As gas filters in garbage incinerators
As wind instrument parts
As parts in tunnel construction
As suit collar cores
To fill in the gaps between automobile interior parts
As hammer felt for pianos
To fill in the gaps between home appliance parts
As parts of handicrafts and stationery
Ambic Through Data
Annual amount of wool used.
850 tons of sheep wool per year, or approximately 600,000 sweaters
Annual production of Himelon
Enough to connect620km
Equivalent to the distance between Himeji and Nagasaki
The current President is the0th President.
The third President, Kenichi Fujioka, was the father of Takuya Fujioka, an actor known for his work on “Wataru Seken wa Oni Bakari” and the Sapporo Ichiban TVCM.
Scale of annual production of hammer felt.
Enough for about259900pianos
Inheriting the manufacturing method of Royal George, a UK manufacturer with a history of over 100 years. Our wool felt is used in over half of the world’s pianos.
Ambic’s Founding Year
Ambic was founded on the same year as J.F. Kennedy was born, and during the 1st World War.
Japanese companies last for over 100 years.
There are approximately 33,000 so-called “Centenary Companies” in Japan (according to a survey by Teikoku Databank in 2019).
- December 1917
- Founded as Nippon Felt Botai K.K.(capitalized at \300,000)
- February 1934
- Company name altered to Japan Felt Industrial Co.,Ltd.
- June/July 1945
- The bulk of our main plant was bombed down during W W Ⅱ,reconstructed later.
- March 1952
- First manufacturer to develop and put on sale felt for menswear.
- April 1955
- Felt for clothing and handicrafts put on sale,expanded the domestic use of felt and developed an entry into the clothing and handicraft industry.
- August 1959
- Chemical-bonded non woven fabric Himelon(R) put on sale
- February 1963
- Licensed as a JIS plant for industrial wool roll felt
- November 1963
- Developed needle-punched felt filter bag for the first time in Japan
- September 1968
- First to market felt for copiers.
- October 1971
- Feltace(R)(under collar)marketed.
- September 1978
- nonwovens for compress put on sale.
- April 1982
- Nippon Felt Kako K.K.established
- April 1986
- Thermal-bonded nonwovens Himelon HM(R) put on sale.
- August 1996
- Started contracted processing in China of part of works.
- December 1999
- Entered into business alliance with HVAF
- April 2000
- Company name altered to AMBIC Co., Ltd.
- April 2000
- Certified ISO 9002
- April 2001
- High-performance filter bags using spunlace nonwovens put on sale
- June 2001
- Company name of Nippon Felt Kako K,K,altered to Japan Felt Industrial Co.,Ltd.
- November 2001
- Certified ISO14001
- August 2002
- Became an affiliate of Nippon Keori Kaisha, Ltd.
- October 2002
- China-based affiliate “Jiangyin Ambic Felts & Nonwovens Ltd.” established
- September 2008
- Hong Kong-based affiliate “AMBIC (HONGKONG) CO.,LTD.” established
- August 2012
- Shanghai-based affiliate “AMBIC (SHANGHAI) TRADING CO.,LTD.” established
- December 2017
- 100th anniversary of founding
- February 2019
- Hong Kong-based affiliate “AMBIC (HONGKONG) CO.,LTD.” closed